Individualized TrainingThe advanced training platform manages all of the videos and quizzes for each person individually. We track each video or partial video viewed up to the second. Cognus students are free to try different streams of training without worry about losing their place in other streams. Quizzes are also personalized in the same manner. Advanced tracking methods for both videos and quizzes, combined with our user-friendly and personable layout are very good reasons to purchase one seat per user when ordering the training.
There are 18 hours of video training demonstration examples, with quizzes, divided into 5-minute video segments. The course starts from the beginning and covers Production Milling and Turning, 2.5D Solids, and continues on all the way up to Advanced 3D Milling and includes Polar and Cylindrical Milling. This is a good, clear general course which shows how to take advantage of GibbsCAM, a user-friendly, fast, and powerful CAM system.
Topics Covered Include:
- Interface And Navigation View Controls
- Drawings And Dimensioning Set-up Preferences
- Tool Creation
- Cut Part Rendering
- Toolpath Generation for Milling and Turning
- Graphics Options
- Hole Operations
- Thread Milling
- Post Processing
- Stored Processes - Multi Process Machining Positional
- 4th Axis Indexing
- Advanced CS - Coordinate systems creation and control
- Positional 4th and 5th axis control
- Boundary machining techniques and containment selections
- 4th axis simultaneous machining using "Polar and Cylindrical Milling"
- Solid Modeling
- Fixture and Clamping Assemblies
- Opening solids from CAD sources
- Feature based machining
- Machining solid models using roughing and finishing techniques
- Dynamic feature recognition "The Profiler Tool"
- Automatic feature recognition "The Hole Manager"
- Advanced 3D pocketing strategies
- Connect move control
- Step down control
- Small pocket control
- Advanced 3D finishing strategies/best practices
- Feature machining
- Profile smoothing
- Entry exit style/trimming/retracts
- Boundary control
- Normal vector range
- Trim to holder/toolpath splitter/toolholder gouge checker
- Profile ramping
- Advanced simulation control
- Toolpath extension
Chuck VanVolkingburgh and Stephen Cunningham have both been programming and working with CNC machinery for more than twenty-five years each (50 years combined experience). As reseller employees, they have helped to train thousands of GibbsCAM users from hundreds of large and small machine shops over the past eighteen years. Companies like Precision Drilling, National Oilwell Varco, Weatherford, Redline-Pro, Drilformance, Promac and hundreds more have taken our classroom and on-site training. Over the years we have developed a well organized curriculum which produces capable GibbsCAM users.